Partner Institution: American University of Beirut
University of Chicago Faculty Sponsor: Dr. Helene Rubeiz
Project Site Faculty/Personnel: Drs. Zaina Kanafani, Kamal Badr, Mr. Mahmoud Harb, Ms. Salam Farhat; and others.
Eligible Participants: The number of Students & Resident/Fellow exchanges will be decided on an annual basis in advance of the academic year.
Project Description: The University of Chicago and the American Univesity of Beirut have a partnership which aims to promote international understanding by stimulating and supporting international activities and projects with an emphasis of internationalization in higher education. Programs differ on an annual basis and may include:
- Exchange of undergraduate medical students for clinical observerships
- Exchange of graduate medical students as clinical observers
- Exchange of Staff for educational purposes
- Exchange of academic material and information
- Development of joint internationalized curricula
- Mounting of joint clerkships, rotations and/or practical field courses
- Credit Transfer
- Development and mounting of Joint Research programs
Students and Residents/Fellows participating in the exchange program will be selected by their home university on their academic merit. Acceptance into clinical observerships that are available to foreign students are determined by the criteria and policies of the host university, and include, without limitation, compliance with immunization requirements for foreign students and any necessary licensure. Students and Residents/Fellows applying for clinical observation and experience must complete the appropriate application for visiting medical students and residents.